School Council is an excellent way for parents to get involved in their child’s learning by becoming informed about the current issues in education in order to provide feedback. Most importantly, participation in School Council provides an opportunity for parents to build a stronger home/school partnership for the success of our students.
All parents and/or guardians of Wabamun School students are automatically members of the Wabamun School Council. All members are welcome to attend any or all School Council meetings. We are an advisory group bringing together staff, parents, community members and Trustee to discuss topics relating to education and school. Our role is to assist the principal to make the best informed decisions for the betterment of our school.
The mission of the Wabamun School Council is to foster the well being and effectiveness of the school community and thereby enhance student learning.
The purpose of the Council shall be:
- To advise the school administration in matters directly related to the school to ensure adherence to school goals
- To undertake projects and activities in cooperation with the school administration
- To set goals for School Council
- To assist the needs of the school community through information gathering
- To provide an avenue for feedback on School Board policies, planning, development and delivery of programs, and communications and community relations
Our School Council is an active member of the Alberta School Council Association. Through this membership, our school council ensures that the voice of our school community is heard on a provincial level.
For more information contact:
Wabamun School Council Chair